Downstream Road Safety Lead job (Virtual)
Job Ref: 127694BR
This Road Safety Lead position is a part of the Operational HSSE discipline.
Implement Road Safety procedures and standards across Downstream in MED (Turkey, Italy and Spain). Influence internal and external stakeholders (incl. contractors) in practicing pro-active HSSE Management. Provide independent assurance to ensure continuous HSSE improvements are made in the journey of Goal Zero.
- Member of the Downstream Regional (Europe / Africa) Road Safety team.
- Accountable for delivery of country specific road safety plans which are in line with Group and DS strategies both for light and heavy good vehicles.
- Lead, motivate and coach the country teams in Road Safety, enabling them to drive Road safety programmes across their businesses or functions.
- Work and Influence the local Key stakeholders (Senior Business Managers and HSSE Managers) to ensure visible and felt Leadership commitment in Road safety.
- Identify and implement performance improvements so that Road Safety Programs deliver desired outcomes.
- Work with the businesses and upskill the Road Transport teams for them to understand and fully implement global Road Safety Standards, Manuals, Guidelines, Tools and Best Practices.
- Lead robust and continuous assurance processes (RT Pillar Assessment) for the classes of business to enable them effectively comply with regulatory, applicable industry and Shell road safety requirements.
- Operational or contract management experience (ideally in a logistics environment – storage and handling or rail/road/pipeline transport).
- Have a strong passion for road safety.
- Enjoy working with contractors, drivers and stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds / levels.
- Strong communications, collaboration, networking and stakeholder influencing skills.
- Ability to Say NO and stay firm when needed.
- Demonstrate player mindset rather than victim.
- Familiarity with road safety manuals and guides, technical road safety competencies and statutory requirements related to transport.
- Ability to carry out investigations, audits and assurance,
- Champion the sharing of best practices.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.