Division Health, Safety & Environment Coordinator US – Faurecia
Job Ref: HEA11514
Job: Health, Safety & Environment
Primary Location: United States-Michigan
Job Type: Unlimited Term
“New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry. Inspired by the exciting new challenges associated with this revolution, Faurecia anticipates the future of mobility developing cutting-edge solutions for smart life on board and sustainable mobility. If you’re willing to contribute and create value for tomorrow’s cleaner and smarter mobility, Faurecia is the place to be.”
Our Interiors Systems is looking for a Divisional Health, Safety&Environment Coordinator to be based at Auburn Hills.
The role of the North American Division HSE Coordinator is to lead, the Auburn Hills, MI Divisional HSE coordinator shall support the leadership and commitment from top management according to the NAO environmental policy and ISO 14001:2015.
- Perform daily HSE support for site facilities.
- Provide site HSE activities, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) (training, assessment and advice).
- Lead an annual action plan for the sites, organize the review of sites and monitor yearly audits of each plant.
- Ensure the follow-up and the consolidation of the monthly reporting of indicators (safety rates, environmental data…).
- Ensure the accident enquiries are achieved properly (time and quality).
- Analyze the Division results and bring a global vision in the analysis of the accidents. Suggest solutions for improvement.
- Update and circulate best practices in prevention and protection matters in all the plants, technical and customer centers and towards the Division.
- Actively participate in the HSE Network and in the development of the HSE policy at the Division level.
- Champion the Division coordination with Engineering for process management systems and improvement actions.
Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to adhere to Faurecia’s Code of Ethics and Code of Management.
- Environmental Management Representative (EMR) for locations under their responsibility, as EMR responsibilities and authorities include:
- Ensuring the Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard.
- Reporting on the performance of the EMS to Top Management for review and as a basis for improvement to the EMS.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Knowledge of HSE tools and methods: 5 why methodology, job instruction, audits, ISO 14001, OSHAS 18000…
- Knowledge of federal and state legislation.
- Familiarity with international HSE standards.
- Trained as Internal Auditor for ISO14001, or Lead Auditor Certified
- General knowledge of automotive production plant technologies.Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Health, Safety & Environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a plant.