Director of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental [QEHS] Job in United Kingdom
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol, UK
Expired date: Saturday, 14 September 2019
Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Systematically raise standards of occupational health and safety to address both operations and recorded processes, keeping King Lifting employees and stakeholders in a safe working environment.
- Line manager to the QEHS Operations Manager and other specific QEHS roles, including QEHS Champions at depots; delegating or directing as appropriate.
- Ensure delivery and ownership of all QEHS company policies to remain legally compliant and fit for purpose by monitoring and continuous improvement across the business.
- Maintain and improve upon standards of external accreditations and customer requirements.
- Manage the company process for accident prevention, reporting and investigations when required and ensure any follow up actions are implemented; liaising with HSE, other organisations and customers as needed.
- Analysis of QEHS targets, setting objectives, programmes for improvement and presenting progress to monthly board meetings and senior management meetings.
- Clear, regular and consistent communication to our employees and others, delivered in accessible and easily understandable methods, to promote awareness and compliance to the company safety ethos.
- Representing the company to assist with tenders and external audits.
- Personal Profile:
- A recognised QEHS qualification such as CMIOSH, PIEMA and a Quality Lead Auditor etc. is essential for this high-profile role. King Lifting recognise that this may not be in everyone’s CV so therefore expect the individual to have some but not all these competencies or to be actively working towards them.
- Experience of working within the plant hire or construction industry at a senior level.
- Working knowledge of mobile cranes, PUWER, LOLER, and BS7121 and you may have a CPCS or CSCS card.
- Articulate and confident to communicate and present at all levels from operators to board level
- Strong influencing and leadership qualities
- Experienced user of Microsoft office suite: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Current driving licence
In return you will receive:
- Salary and benefits package commensurate with industry experience
- Company car or car allowance
- Mobile phone
- Company pension and Life Assurance
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.30pm. Candidates should live within a commutable distance of Avonmouth, Bristol; however, a relocation package (within the UK) can be negotiated. To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to HR@KingLifting.co.uk