- Job ID: 58287056
Santa Cruz, California, United States
- Position Title: County Safety Officer
- Company Name: County of Santa Cruz
- Job Function: Public sector
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 3-5 Years
- Salary: $90,792.00 – $121,742.00 (Yearly Salary)
The County of Santa Cruz is looking to fill a vital role, County Safety Officer, responsible for the oversight and implementation of the County Safety Program and Security Measures. If you have experience working with Federal, State and/or Local regulations in relation to injury and illness prevention, occupational health, ergonomics, safety, general security protocols, hazardous materials compliance, safety training and records management, this may be the role for you!
Please apply directly on our website to be considered: www.santacruzcountyjobs.com
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently. The County Safety Officer is expected to have knowledge of OSHA guidelines, injury and illness prevention, occupational health, general security protocols and be extremely organized. The County Safety Officer reports to the County General Services Department with activities guided by the newly created County Safety Committee. The incumbent will be responsible for the general oversight of the safety practices and program compliance of all County departments, facilities, and operations. When needed, the County Safety Officer will implement and train departments on safety and security protocols. The incumbent in this position will also be responsible for reading and interpreting federal, state, and local guidelines and implementing them throughout the County.
Qualifications: Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Equivalent to graduation from college with a degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Science, Public Health, Biology, Chemistry, Industrial Engineering or a closely related field
- Three years of professional experience in occupational health and safety program administration or related security field.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver License or provide suitable transportation approved by the appointing authority.
- Certification as a Certified Associate Safety Professional, Certified Safety Professional, Certified Associate Industrial Hygienist, Certified Industrial Hygienist or Certified Physical Security Professional is highly desirable.
- Mentally and physically capable of performing the position’s essential functions as summarized in the typical tasks portion of the job specification.
Special Working Conditions:
Fieldwork may include exposure to dust, mold, moisture or other environmentally hazardous conditions; subject to after-hours response and extended work hours in the event of an emergency incident.