Coordinator – Health, Safety, and Environmental ISN Toronto, ON
Industry: Information Technology and Services
Employment type: Full-time
Job functions: Consulting, Analyst, Research
Company Overview: ISN (www.isnetworld.com) is a global leader in contractor and supplier management, continuously growing and expanding its reach in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Australia and other international regions. ISN’s online contractor management database, ISNetworld, is the global resource for connecting corporations with safe, reliable contractors and suppliers from capital-intensive industries. ISN collects health and safety, procurement, insurance, quality and regulatory information from contractors and suppliers. Through ISN’s Review and Verification Services (RAVS), subject matter experts review and verify contractors’ information, incorporating a level of due diligence to the contractor management process.
Job Title: HSE Coordinator
Reporting Responsibilities: Senior HSE Manager, Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The HSE Coordinator works on the HSE RAVS Team to facilitate desktop audits of health and safety programs, coordinate process improvement initiatives, provide safety related technical support to customers and participate in various research activities. The successful candidate will possess familiarity with Canadian occupational health and safety legislation and management systems, be self-motivated and willing to assist with all of the day-to-day demands inherent to a rapidly growing organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, and enhance health and safety review protocols as necessitated by legislated requirements.
- Assist and provide technical support to hiring clients and contractors via phone, email, and face to face meetings at their locations.
- Perform desktop audits of health and safety manuals to verify compliance and identify deficiencies.
- Perform In-Person Implementation Assessments at customer locations.
- Coordinate various review protocol development and implementation initiatives.
- Proactively analyze and bring forth ideas for continuous improvement.
- Research and develop various resources and reference documents for clients.
- Approximately 25% travel for meetings with customers and in-person assessments.
- Support team members on other tasks and projects as directed
- Minimum certificate or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety; University degree preferred
- Fluent (written and verbal) in French and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Demonstrated personal initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and strong problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable presenting technical information to a variety of audiences
Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Desire to assume increasing levels of leadership responsibility
References must be provided upon request.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org