Control Systems Engineer Exxon Mobil Malaysia
Location: Kuala Lumpur, 14, MY
Job Role Summary
- Design infrastructure for, integrate applications into and provide support for a managed set of control systems technologies used at manufacturing sites around the world.
- Ethernet networking – understand the basics of the OSI model, switching and routing, IP addressing and sub-netting, and basic network device configuration.
- Microsoft Operating Systems – understand server and workstation operating systems including navigation and configuration.
- Microsoft Domain Architecture – understand the constructs of a Microsoft security domain (Active Directory) including GPOs, OUs, access accounts, global and local groups, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- VMware Virtualization – understand the basics of hardware abstraction, hypervisors and management of a virtualized IT environment.
- Honeywell DCS (distributed control systems) – knowledge and experience with installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and maintaining Experion or TDC-3000/TPS control systems.
- Applications – knowledge and experience with installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and maintaining common applications such as AspenTech DMC, ROMeo RTO, Honeywell Uniformance, Bently-Nevada System1, Honeywell Advanced Alarm Management and others.
- Communications Protocols – knowledge and experience with establishing interfaces between DCS and subsystems such as process analyzers, PLCs, tank gauging, etc. using OPC, Modbus or other common industry protocols.
- Programming – ability to use scripting or compiled programming languages to develop tools or solutions to technical problems (e.g. vbscript, PowerShell, VB.Net, etc.).
- Databases – knowledge and experience with installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and maintaining SQL Server, Oracle and other databases.
Expected Level of Proficiency
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science/IT.
- 5+ years of recent experience with the technology listed below:
- AspenTech DMC.
- ROMeo RTO.
- Honeywell Uniformance, Bently-Nevada System1.
- Honeywell Advanced Alarm Management.
- Experience in regional and global projects.
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas production.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.