Contractor Safety Advisor US – Chevron
Location: San Ramon, CA California, US
Requisition ID: 381214
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Contractor Safety Advisor located in San Ramon, California or Brea, California.
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the Maintenance & Construction (M&C) Contractor Safety Advisor position in COCO/Americas Products West. The position will be based in San Ramon, CA or Brea, CA. The position oversees the Contractor Health Environmental Safety Management (CHESM) for the M&C Team by providing guidance and oversight for the contract owners. The position is the subject matter expert (SME) in the CHESM process as well as integral part of the M&C leadership team. The contractor safety advisor role will coordinate and lead the CHESM LT meetings, including production of the deck, stats, KPIs and discussion topics. The contractor safety advisor works closely with HES, Procurement, Management, M&C Team members as well as oversees the OE IMPACT CHESM Database. The contractor safety advisor also will act as the liaison/gatekeeper for ISNetworld database in keeping all records up to date.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Coordinate and lead the efforts around implementation and the continued building of proficiency of the CHESM process amongst the M&C AP Team. The position will also ensure that the process documentation and records for the CHESM process are up to date and are being kept for auditing purposes. The contractor safety advisor will:
- Assists as SME for CHESM Process and CHESM OE IMPACT Database
- Update CHESM Process on an annual basis as necessary
- Coordinate, track process documentation for leading and lagging measures
- Conduct performance review reporting for trend analysis
- Leads the effort to approve/deny new contractors using the CHESM qualification process, reviewing HES programs and contractor performance data.
- Tracks contractor scoring and works closely with contract owners
- Coordinates and leads the Quarterly CHESM leadership team meetings
- Coordinates the annual M&C Contractor forums
- Interacts and fully engaged with the Managing Safe Work Practices advisor
- Participates in the Community of Practice quarterly sessions for the DS&C CHESM Process.
- Ensures the continual improvement plan, shaping plan and MSP is completed on time and updated in CHESM SharePoint.
- Participates in the quarterly advisor meetings for Americas Products company
- Conducts contractor safety orientation sessions when new contractors are brought in the Retail space for AP West.
- Works closely with counterparts in T&O as well as assists CCA with CHESM process and ownership responsibilities.
- Interaction with Project Managers, HES, Procurement, Management and Contractor Management representatives.
- Oversees and ensures all Chevron required CHESM permitting paperwork is in place, updated and on line on a regular basis.
- Acts as SME for Short Service Employee & Sub Contractor knowledge as it relates to the CHESM process.
- Conducts various training efforts around the CHESM process, including onboard of new employees.
- Manages the Contractors Safe Work Practice Web site, keeps materials updated with AP requirements, works closely with Web Design team.
Support Group Collaboration:
Interacts with several support groups as the SME for the CHESM process, training, CHESM IMPACT and ISNetworld database as well as procurement. The contractor safety advisor will:
- Deliver low risk contractor training to AP, M&C, Sales Automation per the CHESM Shaping Plan.
- Assists M&C team with grading events, contractor oversight and requirements to meet the CHESM process: Field Verifications, Performance Reviews and Mitigation Plans.
- Support for procurement when bringing new contractors into the Chevron network. Also, working closely with procurement with continued training needs.
- Works closely with T&O, CCA as relates to CHESM requirements, tracking and planning
- Assists with annual MSP planning session, in conjunction with retail & T&O CHESM Advisors
- Field questions from contractors, HES, Project Managers and others as related to the AP process requirements for Retail locations.
Annual Contractor Forum Planning:
- Plans annual M&C Contractor forums, working closely with MSWP Advisor developing agenda topics and presentation. Coordinates all logistics, including training materials, location for events, catering and attendees.
- Leads the presentation for the forums as necessary to ensure successful forums.
- Tracks attendance, questions and follow up for all participants.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in Retail, Sales, Marketing and Contractor Safety
- Understanding of Contractor Environmental Safety Management
- Knowledge of Operational Excellence (OE Processes)
- Good presentation and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both orally and in writing, considering the diverse views and interactions. Ability to tailor the form and content of the message/communication style to meet the needs of the target audience.
- Regularly communicates with other organizations to promote accountability and collaboration among groups.
- Overall strong interpersonal skills, team player and ability to be proactive as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Health Environmental & Safety studies
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.