Compliance & Safety Manager Job in San Francisco, CA
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Compliance and Safety Manager directs the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the JLL HSE (health, safety, and environment), risk and compliance management systems at Client facilities. In this capacity, the Compliance and Safety Manager is accountable to document, provide guidance, identify the resources and equipment necessary to implement HSE management systems and compliance programs related to JLL scope of work at the Client locations. The Compliance and Safety Manager will advise the JLL management team on HSE issues, assist with the evaluation of potential hazardous situations and environmental impacts, participate in accident investigations, and ensure JLL is compliant with all HSE regulatory and Client requirements.
- Provide leadership and support the development, documentation and implementation of HSE management systems and risk and compliance programs at the Client sites.
- Team with JLL Site Teams to establish HSE, risk and compliance performance goals and review performance against those goals.
- Ensure the tracking and reporting of HSE and compliance metrics and measure performance against key performance indicators. Establish necessary plans to meet or exceed key performance indicators.
- Direct the implementation of HSE Committees suitable to the sites’ needs.
- Develop and implement HSE qualification program to manage JLL service partners working at Client locations and under the JLL scope of work.
- Evaluate hazards with respect to JLL scope on client sites for safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develop environmental, health, safety, risk and compliance procedures and programs for JLL activities and monitor safety compliance to reduce risks.
- Identify training requirements and coordinate training sessions for HSE regulatory and Client training requirements.
- Ensure required records are available according regulatory, client and JLL requirements.
- Ensure HSE policies and procedures are developed, updated, implemented, and followed.
- Assist the JLL Site Team in the accident investigation and communication process including the identification of root causes. Implement training and tools necessary to ensure that reports on HSE incidents and performance are submitted on a timely basis, and that corrective actions are taken.
- Assist account personnel on projects related to areas of responsibility.
- Maintain liaison with client HSE organization to ensure that HSE problems are identified and solutions coordinated.
- Maintain a collaborative partnership with Client HSE organization.
- Analytical support on compliance and risk assessments and management strategies, champion the use of data-driven risk informed decision making, embed risk management into business processes and provide support to PG&E CRESS and service provider organizations.
- Provider employees with documented and clear understanding of what requirements must be complied with, to ensure that work processes incorporate guidance and other controls, and to conduct compliance-related reviews, process mapping, and root cause analyses as needed to ensure controls are effective, as defined
- Drive the implementation of programs and initiatives necessary to foster a strong HSE, and risk and compliance culture.
- Internal: JLL Site Facility Management, JLL Site Team, Account Manager, Operations Managers, Technicians, JLL Risk Management, JLL Compliance
- Client: Client Environmental Health and Safety, Risk and Compliance Team at the Site
- External: JLL Service Partners
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science, or related subject. A professional designation like OHST, ASP, or CSP is desirable.
- Broad based knowledge of Environmental, Occupational Health, and Safety regulations.
- A minimum of five years of experience working with HSE compliance and management systems preferably within facility operations. HSE experience in biopharmaceutical, research or maintenance operations is highly desirable.
- Success working with subcontractors/vendors supporting mutual safety objectives.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
- Basic computer skills with both word processing, spreadsheet, Excel, Visio, and Power Point and database applications,
- Ability to drive and inspect both outdoor and indoor areas to observe compliance with established programs.
- Experience working on a client-account preferred
- Critical facilities and utilities experience preferred
- Must be able to travel. Potential travel 25%