Chief (Lead) Instrument Engineer in Kazakhstan
- Requisition ID: 2019-68760
- Location: KZ-Atyrau
Able to manage and co-ordinate the instrument discipline team and achieve objectives with resources
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations to major modifications.
- Manage the design of larger and more complex projects which involve conventional types of plans, investigations and surveys with complex features for which there are not precedents.
- Shall be conversant in preparation of control/ESD/F&G philosophies/specifications, instrument selection and sizing, I/O schedules, load schedules, block diagrams, cause and effects, loop diagrams, instrument data sheets, pneumatic hook-ups etc
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Participate in safety reviews, HAZOPs and SIL Assessments
- Ensure Safety in design and HSE requirements
- Undertake checking and approval activities in accordance with company procedures.
- Undertake internal QA checks on discipline activities and deliverables.
- Ensure adherence to company /client’s policies, procedures and core values.
- Assignments usually include the following – either directly or supervising:
- Control theories and application
- Control, safety system, F&G definition and engineering execution
- Specification and procurement of field instruments
- Specification, procurement and detail design of Control and Safety Systems
- Provide technical direction for Instrument Engineers and Designers.
- Provides training, mentoring and technical guidance to instrument engineers and designers working in the group
Skills / Qualifications
Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is preferred
Proficiency in Sizing Software: Flow Elements, Control & Safety Valves
Working knowledge of Smartplant INtools
Working knowledge of Russian GOST and SNiPs
Good communications (oral and written), networking, collaboration and well developed team-working skills
Experience with supervision and developing potential in others.
Offshore and onshore oil & gas related design experience.
Experience of a leadership role in Instrumentation & Control Design and Engineering with the ability to manage a team.
Expert in writing reports.
Familiarity with International Design Guidelines and Standards.
Commercially and contractually aware and able to manage budgets.
Skills typically acquired through 20 years’ experience with 10 -15 years’ experience at senior level in instrumentation & control engineering position.
Fully conversant with standard offshore international and national industry standards and specifications.
How to Apply
interested and qualified persons can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.