Assistant Occupational Health Manager Job in Texas – ExxonMobil
Job Role Summary
Assistant Occupational Health Manager/Occupational Health Physician typically supports clinic activities at a clinic site or operation.
ExxonMobil’s Medical and Occupational Health Department is currently seeking a qualified Physician to fill a position in Houston, TX. ExxonMobil offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary, and attractive benefits.
You will be a member of a skilled and highly professional occupational health department and working for a company committed to excellence in health and safety.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in internal medicine or family medicine. Occupational medicine experience or board certification in occupational medicine is desirable. Supervisory or management experience in a healthcare setting is a plus. The candidate must be licensed (or eligible to obtain a license) to practice medicine in Texas.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Provide clinical services to ExxonMobil employees
- Provide clinical guidance of nursing staff
- Assist with management of clinic operations, including some supervisory roles
- Perform Medical surveillance examinations
- Diagnose and treat work-related medical conditions, understands OSHA recordability
- Conducts clinical assessments to determine fitness for work
- Disability Case Management of illnesses and injuries
- Provision of emergency treatment for injury and illness as needed
- Communication and interface with business line management, business line representatives on occupational health issues and services
- Travel Health – experienced with risk assessment process for Business Travelers, and screening examinations for Expats/Expat Rotators, Offshore workers to high-risk areas to include assessment of infectious disease risks, understanding of vaccination schedule, assess fitness to travel for personal medical conditions, mitigate risks, and decide overall fitness for work/fitness to travel.
- Work with Industrial Hygiene to assess and mitigate environmental exposure risks for work sites
- Medical Degree (MD, DO), relevant Master’s degree (ie. MPH)
- Board certification, or eligibility in Occupational Medicine
- Texas Medical Licensure required
- Prescriptive authority, DEA certification
- Demonstrated proficiency in Occupational Medicine
- Familiar with Travel health
- Demonstrated leadership, management experience
- Familiar with electronic medical record systems, information technology (ie. Medgate)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Well-developed critical thinking skills, experience making fitness for duty decisions, and can show logical progression to decision-making
- Excellent social skills/interpersonal skills, functions well leading and working on a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to produce clear, concise, and logical documentation for all cases
- Customer service oriented
- High integrity, able to follow procedures
- Ability to be a self-motivated learner, to take initiative in learning the many complex processes of ExxonMobil
- Produces excellent results, is meticulous, organized and time-conscious
- Exhibits professionalism at all times, understands appropriate corporate/workplace behavior/communications
- Able to quickly learn information technology system
Apply to this Job Here