Asset Lead Engineer Shell Petroleum Australia
Location: Brisbane – George Street, Australia
Skillpool group: Project Engineering
Reference ID: 69554BR
This Asset Engineer – Lead position is a key role in our QGC Team, and is responsible for supporting, and deputising for, the Asset Planning Team Lead in the coordination, planning and alignment of execution priorities within the QGC Upstream Delivery Process, from initial release from developments, to putting the wells onto production within Central Processing Plant catchments, regions, blocks, or well clusters.
The successful candidate will support progression of complete gas/water systems efficiently through the Upstream Delivery Process (UDP), Execution and hand-over to Operation phases, ensuring business plan and gas production objectives are enabled.
The key deliverables and accountabilities of this role are:
- Provide Reporting & analysis on execution scope progress, opportunities and risks in line with development scope and gas curve impacts
- Ensuring emerging risks associated with approvals to work (known as ATWs) and Execution are understood and, where appropriate, mitigation plans are in place with execution teams to minimise cost and production impacts.
- Progression of both sanctioned and pre-sanction scope through the UDP process; specifically assisting with preparation and issue of documents requiring cross-functional review of development constraints.
- Facilitation of Survey, Engineering, Environmental Compliance, GIS and Land Access inputs to ensure timely issue of Access to Work (ATW) documentation. In particular taking responsibility for ensuring Engineering Design progresses in line, and in parallel, with the Non-Technical review to meet development objectives.
- Identifying constraints to ATW of individual property lots, ensuring mitigations are actioned and issues minimised by early Project plan rescheduling.
- Ensuring functional assurance and permitting requirements for approving gathering systems and wells construction are understood, coordinated and delivered in support of Project execution and resultant gas profiles.
- Ensuring Construction Packages are appropriately defined, recorded and planned for Engineering + Field Execution.
The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have/be;
- Substantial experience of supporting project management of gas projects, ideally unconventional gas projects.
- Able to lead the implementation of HSSE improvements
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, with the ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with internal peers to influence decisions or ways of working.
- Wide exposure of major project interfaces and challenges.
- Able to lead the implementation of HSSE improvements.
Interested and qualified candidates should Apply Here