Area Safety Manager United States – Aegion Corporation
Insituform Technologies, LLC is looking for an experienced Safety Technician to join our team in Nashville.
Insituform Technologies, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform’s businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform’s technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional “dig and replace” methods.
Maintains awareness and the information and files of the related requirements of OSHA and suppliers, and internal and external clients.
Maintains a level of continuing education on safety matters to ensure the ability to interpret, implement and train in all relevant safety requirements.
Manages the safety education program including orientation, tool box meetings, quarterly training days, stand down training, and specific specialty training.
Manages the forms and reporting procedures required by OSHA, EPA, and other government agencies, while using these agencies as advisory resources for planning and executing the corporate safety program.
Provides reporting procedures for, and maintains records of, employee safety performance.
Provides reporting procedures form and investigates any accidents, safety incidents, or near misses.
Becomes personally qualified to train others in confined space entry procedures, and other safety related skills and requirements
Identifies, schedules and maintains training programs on safety requirements and skills for all levels of employees.
Files and records the material generated from field safety programs such as Toolbox meeting, site and equipment inspections, monthly safety meetings, etc.
Performs random inspections of facility, equipment, and vehicles. Reports findings to regional management.
Make management aware of the degree of risk in any operations or procedures that could be deemed hazardous to personnel, equipment, or the project in any way.
Provides individual counseling, when necessary, on matters of safety.
Assist in ensuring that all levels of management have total knowledge and awareness of company safety policies and procedures, and to make management aware of their responsibility to maintain a high level of safety on all job sites and in all facilities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Safety, Health, and Environmental, or a technical type degree in areas such as Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or similar experience with an emphasis in environmental, chemical, or construction safety courses.
- Previous working experience in a field safety environment; safety experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, with tact and diplomacy in dealing with others and the ability to deal with all levels of management from field to corporate levels.
- Working knowledge of computers with competencies in Windows, Office, and the Internet.
- OSHA Certified Trainer
- Ability to complete work assignments and work alone with little supervision.