Area Health & Safety Business Partner Taiwan – Sibelco Group
Job Ref: SIB/1335656
Job Type: Full Time
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial mineral companies in the world – privately owned, multinational, with enviable long-term growth, and a great organizational culture. Sibelco owns and operates 40 industrial mining and processing operations in 12 Asia Pacific countries (including Australia and New Zealand).
We are currently seeking an Area Health & Safety Business Partner, Taiwan to join our HS team, to be based in ourLong-teng Plant, Miaoli County,Taiwan.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Business Partner (HS BP) lead. This position will be responsible for the planning, coordination and managing of the activities within the global HS program for his/her area to ensure that workplaces adhere to safe & healthy standards and guidelines, hereby safeguarding local requirements and satisfying local stakeholders. Also, to support the Centre of Excellence (CoE) lead in development of the HS program for their area of expertise to safeguard safe & healthy workplaces for everyone at Sibelco.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Driving factor in the implementation of the global HS program in their area of responsibility
- Monitor and identify local HS laws and regulations, that may have a potential impact on our business and effectively communicate to all relevant stakeholders (HS BP lead, OM, CM, authorities)
- Support the OM/CM to align with local legal compliance, requests from governmental authorities and respond adequately in case of a nationwide crisis
- Actively participate as a valued contributor in Strategic site reviews – prepare input for SSR in collaboration with the HS BP lead
- Provide report on area HS performance to different stakeholders (HS BP lead, Operations Manager, Country Manager, authorities)
- Provides coaching and training of HS officers within his/her area
- Responsible for providing the necessary HS support for sites that do not have a safety officer (dual role combining Area BP responsibilities and local HS operational support)
- Train and apply the correct risks assessment methodology to assess exposure to physical, chemical and biological hazards
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws and ensure that recommended actions are effective (e.g. controls from risk assessments, verification of site self-assessment scores)
- Review Level 1 incident investigations
- Support the sites in Level 2 incident investigations in their area to ensure correct identification of controls for the organisational and immediate failed defences
- Communicate findings and lessons learned from incident investigations to the relevant stakeholders
- Assists site managers and/or HS officers in defining HS capex or opex needs based on HS compliance and audit results
- Monitor capex spending on HS motive projects for his/her area and interact with site managers and HS officers to activate timely responses or take ownership of the HS project
- Coordinate the roll out of training programs incl. delivery of training where relevant
- Monitor and report effectiveness of HS training and learning programs (e.g. Safety Starts with Me, Incident Cause Analysis Method awareness, …)
- Provide input to site manager on SG&A to be foreseen for training of Frontline Workers and HS officers
- Give input to the CoE and Geo BP lead on improvement opportunities and needs of CoE support or program gaps
- Provide CoE’s with local legislation information and product knowledge (i.e. input to SDS)
Key Requirements Include;
- Able to coach HS officers and stakeholders to adopt the proper safety related programs and behaviours.
- Able to Influence multiple stakeholders from multiple locations
- Cultural sensitivity where applicable
- Team player who works well with multiple stakeholders from multiple locations and builds relationships
- Good attention to details.
- Degree qualified professional in occupational HS, IH or related discipline
- Min 5 years of experience in related industries.
- Analytical mind – ability to synthetize to essence
- Knowledgeable of HS practices and local legislation guidelines would be preferred Fluent in English
- Able to translate complex scientific subject matter in material that can be used and implemented in the sites.