- Provides technical support and verifies compliance with company and client Environmental Health and Safety policies, Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, and other job-specified procedures or standards.
- Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization
- Plans and implements Health and Safety aspects of project-related work, including allocation of personnel and resources to adequately handle projects and assist with regulatory compliance.
- Schedules, coordinates and conducts project EHS audits and inspections in order to identify and assist in correcting unsafe and unhealthy work conditions or practices.
- Communicates results of audits and overall Health and Safety performance to management as necessary.
- Implements procedures for group medical programs, accident reporting, insurance claims handling, employee training, and EHS record keeping to ensure that the frequency of work-related accidents, injuries and illnesses does not create a significant financial impact to the company
- Evaluates the effectiveness of loss control programs and implements corrective action.
- Participates in EHS and management/project council meetings
- Evaluates proposals from an EHS impact and technical approach.
- May also take active role presenting proposals to prospective clients.
- Decides on the resource levels necessary to ensure proper manpower utilization and to provide technical project support. Supervises EHS coordinators, technicians and assistants and manages their performance through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching.
- Partners with management to ensure that projects are supported and completed on time and within the allotted budget.
- Ability to effectively resolve complex EHS issues is required.
- Internal contacts include business line leads, risk management personnel, Health and Safety personnel and office managers. External contacts include clients at work locations and regulatory agencies.
- This classification may include EHS Site Managers, Industrial Hygienists, and Environmental Specialists.
- Typically has 0-8 years relevant experience
- Supervises the daily activities of business support, technical or production staff in an assigned area
- Resolves standard and non-standard problems
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Typically does not perform the work being supervised
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities
- Has in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area
- Uses operational and supervisory expertise to solve problems within own area
- Interprets customer needs and assesses requirements
- Sets day-to-day direction for employees to support business objectives
- Works within budget to meet operational objectives set by manager
- Resolves routine problems using defined processes and own experience
- Coordinates resources to meet short-term objectives
- Sets priorities for employees to meet deadlines
- Explains difficult issues and obtains agreement as needed
- Manages performance of employees through task assignments, ongoing skill assessment and coaching.
- Requires B.S. in the EHS field or a closely related field.
- Shall possess a professional certification in a Health and Safety discipline (CIH, CET, CHMM, CSP, PE) or should be in pursuit of such certification.
- Nuclear experience is preferred.
Company Overview: CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industrys most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world. Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industrys most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.