Aboriginal cadet – Health, Environment and Safety Job in Australia
Location: Perth, Western Australia, AU
what is chevron’s aboriginal cadetship program?
Chevron’s Aboriginal Cadetship Program supports Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students to successfully complete their university degree, and gain valuable work experience in a leading international liquefied natural gas (LNG) business. Chevron provides a study allowance and 12-weeks of paid vacation employment to students on the program.
Chevron’s Aboriginal Cadetship Program provides an exciting opportunity for Aboriginal students to commence a rewarding career in the energy and resource sector.
who we are looking for
We encourage applications from motivated and talented Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander university students from health, safety and environment disciplines, with a keen interest in the oil and gas industry to apply for our Aboriginal Cadetship Program.
To be eligible for the program you must:
- Be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and able to provide confirmation/proof of your heritage; and
- Be enrolled for full time study at an Australian university.
what we can offer you
The Chevron Aboriginal Cadetship Program gives you the opportunity to participate in our industry-leading oil and gas projects while acquiring practical skills relevant to your field of study.
As a cadet with Chevron, you will receive:
- 12-weeks paid vacation employment at Chevron Australia’s head office in Perth
- Annual study allowance of $12,000
- Annual books and equipment allowance of $1,000
- Ongoing professional support and mentoring
- Opportunity for entrance into Chevron’s Horizons Graduate Development Program
Chevron puts people at the centre of everything we do — from protecting the safety and health of our people and the environment, to helping you succeed.
We provide ongoing education and training to help you cultivate your skills and expand your career within a diverse, supportive and collaborative workplace.
How to apply
Applications for Chevron Australia’s Aboriginal Cadetship Program are open from Friday 15 March to Friday 12 April 2019.
Please ensure you attach your resume, a cover letter, a copy of your most recent academic transcript, and confirmation of Aboriginality*.
*Confirmation of Aboriginality is a letter, signed by an authorised representative of an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander incorporated organisation (on letterhead or under a common seal), verifying that you:
- Are of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Are accepted as such by the community in which you live or have lived.
Click to Apply