Research Engineer in Gas Chromatography ans Mass Spectrometry Total oil and Gas Belgium
Job Expires: 28-Feb-2018
Offer ID: 8758BR
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience level required: 6 – 10 years
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Total is hiring a Research Engineer in Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (m/f) for the Feluy research center.
Your tasks :
- Provides expertise in the areas of GC-MS analysis to the various R & D departments and other CR departments and thus participates in the development and commercialization of new products, catalysts or processes and Resolution of problems encountered in clients or in LBUs.
- Designs, independently conducts GC-MS tests, adapts practice to customer demands and delivered products, evaluates new methods or equipments,
- Analyzes the results, draws conclusions, makes the necessary recommendations and drafts the technical notes
- Ensures reliable analytical results,
- Carries out and operates and the bibliography and any kind of documentation related to its field of competence,
- Proposes and conducts exploratory research,
- Follows academic research related to its field of competence,
- Proposes material investments, plans maintenance, ensures the availability of machines and consumables,
- Integrates, understands and questions customer needs, through the analytical correspondence of one or more R & D studies / projects,
- Is a tutor for trainees or newcomers,
- Ensures the ownership of the IP of the results.
- You are civil engineer or Ph.D. engineer in chemistry with 5 to 10 years experience in Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry.
- Autonomous, you are also a good teamplayer with good communication skills.
- You speak fluently English and French.